What is Orthopaedics?
Orthopaedics is a part of healthcare that deals with the musculoskeletal system. Doctors who specialize in this area look at the diagnosis and treatment of problems within the musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system can be thought of as the foundation for our body, and the mechanics that make it function which include the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Because of the complex nature of Orthopaedics and the musculoskeletal system, in reality it has some overlap with many other medical specialties.
Most people will see an orthopaedic specialist at some time in their life.
Why Choose AIMIS for Orthopaedic Surgery:
AIMIS’s orthopaedic surgical division provides quality surgical treatment of numerous musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. Orthopaedic surgery is technically complex and requires experienced and specialist surgeons. AIMIS offers complex and integrated interventions by leading International
experts in the field.
Benefits of choosing AIMIS for Orthopaedic Procedures:
- Advanced Prosthetics
- Thorough consultation and explanation of your condition
- Comprehensive information and options
- Quality Operating Facilities
- Strictest Medical Protocols
- Rehabilitative Care
- Integrated Pain Management
AIMIS’s Orthopaedics Division Focuses On:
Primary and Post Traumatic Arthritis – Joint Replacement-Arthroplasty
- Hip Problems / Arthritis – Hip Replacement / Hip Arthroplasty
- Knee Problems / Arthritis – Knee Replacement / Knee Arthroplasty
- Elbow Problems / Arthritis – Elbow Replacement / Elbow Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Problems / Arthritis – Shoulder Replacement / Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Arthroplasty Failure – Revision Arthroplasty
Lower Limb Fractures
- Lower Limb Fracture (Femur, Patella, Tibia, Malleoli, Foot, Calcaneus, Talus, Midfoot, Metatarsals, Phalanges – Hip, Knee, Ankle, Tarsal, Chopart, Lisfranc) – Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF), Closed Reduction Internal Fixation, Lag Screw and Plate Fixation, Compression Plating, Bridge Plating, Nailing, External Fixation, Ilizarov
Upper Limb Fractures
- Upper Limb Fracture (Humerus, Forearm, Radius, Ulna, Hand, Thumb, Metacarpals, Carpal Bones, Scaphoid, Perilunate, Phalanges – Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist) Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF), Closed Reduction Internal Fixation, Lag Screw and Plate Fixation, Compression Plating, Bridge Plating, Nailing, External Fixation, Ilizarov]
- Pseudarthosis-Malunion-Loss of Axis-Dislocations – Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF), Closed Reduction Internal Fixation, Lag Screw and Plate Fixation, Compression Plating, Bridge Plating, Nailing, External Fixation, Ilizarov
- Acetabulum and Pelvic Ring Fractures – Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF), Reconstruction Plating and Screws, External Fixation
For further information on all the Spine procedures we undertaken, please go to the Spine section
PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Further information on this disease area and types of treatments are coming soon. Please revert back or fill out the contact form outlining your query and we will happily get back to you.