Robotic Surgery is a new revolutionary method in the field of Surgical Oncology. The interest of the Medical Scientific Community was focused at the scientific conference entitled: «Current Concepts in Surgical Oncology | Robotic and Minimal Invasive Surgery of Thorax, Esophagus and Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery», which took place on Saturday May 25that the Carob Mill, Limassol.
The Organizing Committee of the conference consisted of leading and internationally recognized doctors.
- Athanasios Petrou, General Surgeon,Head of the Department of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgical Oncology and Hepatic- Pancreatic- Biliary Surgery(HPB)
- Emmanouil Georgiannakis, Thoracic Surgeon, Head of Department of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Charilaos Konstantinidis, General Surgeon, Head of the Department of Robotics and Minimally Invasive General Surgery and Esophageal Surgery
- Chrysanthos Kourieus, Urologist, Head of the Department of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery
These top four Surgeons referred to the effectiveness of the latest «da Vinci Xi»robotic technology. This is the fourth-generation technology, the only one in Cyprus and the broader region of the Eastern Mediterranean.
The Scientific Committee was composed of distinguished doctors of various specialties.
- Dr. Marios Karaiskakis, General Surgeon
- Dr. Giorgos Potamitis, Gastroenterologist
- Dr. George Astras, Medical Oncology Consultant
- Dr. Savvas Ioannou, Internal medicine Consultant with Special interest in Diabetes
- Dr. Panagiota Rozana-Petrou, Pulmonary Medicine Consultant
- Dr. Maria Tsitskari, Interventional Radiologist
- Dr. Maria Maimari, Thoracic Surgeon
- Dr. Vasiliki Iliadou, Neurologist- Neurophysiologist
The conference was honored by the presence of the internationally recognized Professor of Oncology Dr. Ilan Ronfrom Israel.
The Conference was attended by the CEO & Vice Chairman of the Board, AIMIS Healthcare Group, Mr. Marios Papadopoulos, Mr. Shuki Madanes, Founder and Chairman of the Madanes Insurance Group, Israel and Dr Smith William, Neurosurgeon, Founder & Chairman of AIMIS Innovations & Training. The Presidents and members of the various Medical Societies of Cyprus, as well as many representatives of scientific community, were present.
The conference was held in the context of a series of events on the occasion of the 10-year presence of the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (AIMIS) in Cyprus, aiming to promote the multidisciplinary approach to medical care. It took place at Ceronia Hall of the Carob Mill, in Limassol.
«The Organisers»were responsible for the organization. “SIGMA” TV and Sigmalive were the communication sponsors of the event.